Ok, since I received my new 80's and 600 I thought I would do some more room freq response testing. Mojo had recently asked me if I was getting anything out of my 80's at the lower freq's using the test CD. To be honest, when I had my 60's, I'm not sure I monitored the woofers.

So today I've been doing a little testing using the Realtraps CD. To remind everyone, it starts at 10hz and goes up to 300hz in 1hz increments every 10 seconds. The result is a pretty good graph.

Here is where I'm confused. On my Denon I have my 80's set to "small" with an 80hz crossover. I would think as I approached the 80hz tones my 80's would start to kick in or blend with the sub. As I get to the higher freq's, the 600 would fade out and the sound would be just coming from the 80's.

Why the heck are my 80's drivers moving then at the lower freq's? 20, 30, 40, etc... the woofers are moving in and out like crazy, I think the midrange woofers are even seeing a little action. This makes no sense unless I don't understand the crossover setting and setting the mains to small?

Any ideas, this makes no sense.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85