So I did ALOT of testing tonight and found the following:

*Sirius via Anaglog composites had no harshness with music

*CD's via the Xbox DVD player had no harshness whatsoever

*Eagles Farewell tour DVD had alot of harshness and exaggerated "SSSSS"'s from voices when cranked loud. This came from the entire soundstage.

*HD-DVD and DVD movies with quality Dolby Digital audio have harshness and exaggerated "SSSSS"'s. Only when the voices are solo. The sound is amazing otherwise.

When I cranked the treble way down to about -8 it really helped with the harshness when watching the movies. It didn't seem to effect the overall audio. On the Eagles DVD it really hurt the overall audio when I did that even though it improved the harshness of the voices.

I did give the Auto-EQ another try and found it helped the problem with harshness if I gave it a -5 tilt. However this significantly lowered the overall volume and pretty much took most of the lower freqencies out. This left me without a sub, .

My listening position is directly in front of the VP150 about 10 feet back. If I move about 4 feet to the left or right the harshness decreases but is still evident. Instead of disconnecting the center I lowered it's output to the max -10. This obviously helped but it was still evident. And it was horrible without a center...

I'm still looking to try another reciever. And plug a M22 into the center instead of the vp150.

So it looks like good quality audio with no background noise really shows the harshness of voices during conversation. I must say I'm frustrated at this point, .

HG Cherry M80's, QS8's, VP150, and a pair of EP500's