mdrew, i know some others are not as great oenophiles as they are, uh, beer-o-philes, but i personally have to say THAT WAS AN AWESOME REVIEW!!

Your trip just sounded simply fantastic.
Your list of taste tests is beyond impressive. I'm overjoyed that you skipped the major brand names and checked out some local talent and put together an excellent review of your favs, locales and why.
Very thorough.
However, i'm also seriously depressed that there is no hope in hell i will be able to get any of these wines around here!

I think perhaps sometime in the relatively near future we should get together and swap some wine cases. A visit to the great Alaska may bring back memories of my Yukon time. (I would send you a PM but i'm still working the clog out of my msg box).

I may not spend as much on the wine trips that you do, but i did bring back a cooler full (about 14 bottles) of wine from our recent visit to the Niagara region again in Southern Ontario and i discovered a lovely little vineyard.
You can check out there site here:
http://www.laileyvineyard.com/index.htm
They do ship across Canada and apparently do ship to the US. They've started using Canadian oak in some of their chards and cab sauvs.

Now i'm going to read back through your review and check out some of these wineries.

Last edited by chesseroo; 10/21/07 01:08 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."