Alright, I had a couple of hours alone in the house and took advantage.

Let's jump right to it: my previous "anemic" bass comment.

While I did mention that I was working on something else at the time, I didn't mention that the volume was very low, and therefore the first problem that needed a Tim Taylor solution: more power!!

Turn up the volume a bit more and the M22's come alive, I simply wasn't supplying enough juice.

Second problem: 200Hz crossover, speakers set to small. I could be wrong, and someone please correct me if this is the case, but since I'm running analog connects from DVD player for DVD-A (optical for DTS/DD), the receiver crossover shouldn't come into play. Should it?

Therein lies the final problem: my DVD player allows you to configure speaker size. This was also set to "small".

So, change the DVD player to large fronts and crank up the receiver, and boom: full sound. I'm talking about the WOW, THIS IS OUTSTANDING kind of full sound.

I played Steely Dan's Everything Must Go, followed by Donald Fagen's Morph the Cat, and closed with Porcupine Tree's Deadwing.

Now it may well be that the M3 are more relaxing, and I don't doubt that full towers like the M60 will have a more lush sound, but as a number Kruncher, I'm a detail guy.

Shine on, you crazy diamond M22's. Shine on.

On to the pics.

Showing distance from the wall.

Notice the slight scratch:

and a little bump:

Here's the left rear with the sub

Right rear

View of front

The left rear

and in conclusion:

Last edited by Kruncher; 11/04/07 01:33 AM.