Last week I was visiting a website that sells speaker cables, interconnects, power cables and everything in between. What kind of intrigued me was the outrageous claims they made about their products. If you do not hear a "SIGNIFICANT" improvement in sound quality , send the product back for a FULL refund. I decided to try one of their power cables. What did I have to lose right? I even called the company and the guy on the other end told me, try the cable if you don't love it, send it back for a full refund, even postage!

So on Saturday I received the power cable. I invited 3 friends over that evening to evaluate this so called wonder power cable. I prefer evenings to do serious music listening. It's quieter, darker and easier to focus, I think anyways. One of my buddies that came has the best hearing of anyone I have ever met, almost scary. Anyways, I decided to hook the cable up to my CD player for the demo. I also decided that I would keep it a secret from my guests as to which cable they were listening to and to keep my opinions of the results if any to myself.

I put in a multichannel SACD by Allison Krause, Live at Union Station, track 4, disk two, into my Sony player with Mods by TRL. I would play this song 1/2 to 3/4 the way through, swap cables and replay the song. I did this 10 tens, 5 for each cable.

Unanimously, every single time they found the sound from one particular cable to sound better. I am not talking just a little better, but unbelievably clearer and crisper in sound.

They all thought they had picked my old cable, wrong. They picked the new cable.

Good news is, my system sounds even more awesome than it did. Bad news is that not only do I have to keep this cable for my CD player but I have to buy another one for my receiver.

Made a believer out of me...

Jerry in Calif

Confucious say: Man with both hands in pockets, feel cocky.