Thanks to all three of you for the help. I will try these things and appreciate your taking the time. And, yes the M80s are beyond my greatest expectations. I had been making tweaks to the rega (counterweight for the common (wo)man, big ole acrylic platter and new cart and nice setup of everything), but never heard how great this table could sound. I still have the klipsch la scalas and heresy's hooked in to my simultaneous quad system, but can't imagine listening to stereo through anything but M80s. Wow! In the event I ever win the lottery or in the next 5 years (whichever comes first) I plan to try the A1400 type setup suggested here and available through axiom. I've finally found the center of my system and it is AXIOM! The Denon is a wonderful complement - just been a beast to make sense of since I've had yami's for the past two decades and bought from a crappy vendor who made me wait too long and lied each step - so put a small taint on the purchase, but the longer it sits in my house, the more I'm loving it. This site has been a godsend for finding out what matches what and I'm glad I chose to stay with axioms and go from there (perilously close to starting from scratch and trying other brands!). So, thanks a bunch for the help.
Laura