Ray, the WAP54G supports both WPA and WEP security, but it was about $90 at best buy. You could likely get it cheaper form amazon or somewhere online. You should be able to configure it the same way as the gaming adapter though.

Another option would be to change your router to WEP security mode instead. That is assuming that all of your wireless devices and of course your router support WEP... I Think most do but I am no network expert.

I only looked at linksys products when deciding what to buy because I have a linksys router. I wanted to keep them the same to help with compatibility, but mainly so that I could call one customer support center if I needed to trouble shoot things during the install.

I am sure there are several other devices that will work as a wireless access point or bridge.

I think the slight hassle of getting the wireless set up through an access point far outweighs paying the $1k difference for the 4308. Unless of course you want 1 more hdmi port and 10 more lousy watts.

-David