Our Vinturi arrived today. So for the occasion I grabbed a 2004 Via Vega Red wine of Paso Robles out of the cellar and let it get to room temp.
The owner is the former Red wine maker for J. Lohr Winery in Paso Robles. This is a bottle that we always decanter being that it is fairly young and strong . The varietal make up is 46% Mouvedre, 42% Touriga Nacional, and 12% Souzao. As soon as the wife got home I grabbed two identical glasses and sent her into the dining room and popped the cork. One glass through the Vinturi one glass straight. I brought the two glasses to my wife, and with one sniff into each glass before even tasting she picked the glass that had been through the Vinturi. I asked her to taste the wine and tell me what she thought, After tasting she again chose the Vinturi glass and said "This is how the wine's supposed to taste" I then tried both glasses and had to agree, the Vinturi did in seconds what it can take a decanter up to an hour or more to do, it took the bite out of a young wine and made it immediately drinkable. We were both very impressed with this nifty little gadget.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.