First of all I wish to express my thanks to all of you on the forums, as you are the people who convinced me that Axiom speakers were the way to go. I spent a couple of weeks going through the forums and after reading what all of you had to say about Axiom my decision was made.
On Nov 12th I placed my order for a pair of M22’s and QS8’s and aVP150 in high gloss cherry, one week later I decided to send back the SVS, PB-12 plus sub which I had ordered previously and replace it with an EP 500 from the factory outlet, once again my decision was based on what I read in the forums.
On Dec 17th my speakers arrived showing evidence of the shipping company’s (FED-EX) disregard for the careful handling of packages. Once the packages were open I found the speakers were in excellent condition. My first impression was that these are fine looking speakers, the high gloss cherry finish is sweet, and perhaps even more importantly my wife agrees with the exception of the sub.
I spent the next day getting the QS8’s wall mounted, running wire, making the speaker connections and calibrating speaker levels using Audyssey MultiEQ and tweaking the settings using a meter. I then spent the last weeks watching DVD’s and listening to CD’s with which I am familiar with to audition and enjoy the speakers, my impressions are as follows.
M22’s in a word reveling, I prefer to listen to music in stereo with sub and I heard subtleties in the music which I never knew were there. They create a great front soundstage for movies.
VP 150 the dialog during movies is clear and it blends seamlessly with the M22’s to create the front soundstage.
QS8’s best surround speaker I’ve listened to bar none.
EP 500 this is one awesome sub! This beast can threaten the structural integrity of a home, it has the ability to go low and loud as did the SVS but it is also tight, agile and musical.
I know I am only restating what has already been said more eloquently by others; but I do love my speakers.

Dave

Dave