Originally Posted By: jakeman
Thanks John. I presume the firmware updates are accessible from the website? I'll check the Integra against the Arcam analog outs. Sounds like its a great pre-amp for the Axiom amp. \:\)

John,

The FW updates are being made available to dealers only. There is a release form for end-users that one can fill out and send to Integra; this form releases Integra from liability and they then send you FW CDs. Probably easier is to just go here at AVS and download the FW. I have the 1.04 and thinking about upgrading to the new 1.05 (though it sounds like the FW only adds Audyssey Pro capability, which requires a dealer key and about $200 for set up). I think Keyspan USB to serial adapter and a straight DB-9 M/F cable is what is needed to upgrade the Integra through its RS-232 port. I am in the process of ascertaining the details. The current units are apparently being shipped with 1.05 already installed. In order to find out which FW the unit has, you press and hold [DISPLAY] button and simultaneously press [STANDBY/ON] button, and FW is displayed on the unit's screen

Yes, the combination of the Integra DTC-9.8 and the Axiom A1400-8 is quite impressive indeed; both are packed with bleeding edge technology (I like that phrase) and offer outstanding performance.

John

Last edited by ihifi; 01/09/08 05:50 PM.

John
Our HT