Funny you should post this, because I've been very anti-Cruise and anti-Scientology for some time. I had seen this clip of Cruise, and I've been following the story of the new biography on him that came out two days ago.

Remember when he lectured Matt Lauer on the evils of psychiatry on the Today Show? Scientologists have been anti-psychiatry, very vehemently so, since their founding. I believe it was because L. Ron Hubbard realized that any good psychiatrist would call him crazy, and would therefore be a threat to him and his new cult that he was starting (more later).

So in the next few days' aftermath, Katie Couric asked her co-hosts, on air, about Cruise, "Is he the conductor on the crazy train, or what?" The answer, it is clear, is "Yes, he is."

There are numerous good web sites that expose Scientology as the cult that it is. A money-grabbing, brain-washing, delusional cult. Operation Clambake is a good place to start if you want to learn the truth about scientology. Here is a reprint of a damning Time article from 1991.

Hopefully, the more their practices come to light and the more we all laugh at them, the less power they will attain.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.