I feel a bit embarrassed here.

I've always felt that my Axiom M60's (which I've had for maybe...3 years?) were somehow not performing quite the same. My right and left have always sounded different. The right sounding thinner and brighter, the left sounding fine and dandy to my ears.

The thing is, my left ear is better than my right, so I've always chalked it up to my hearing.

So anyway, tonight I'm chilling out with a few beers and feeling a bit bored, listening to music and again thinking "these speakers sound like they're poorly matched or something, but it's probably just my hearing".

Suddenly I remember I've always meant to switch the left and right to see if it IS just my hearing.

Now the right side sounds better to me. The left now sounds thinner and brighter. So I've finally found out my speakers are performing different from one another.

So now I need to figure out why my speakers sound different from the same source, and figure some mono music is a good way to test this. All that comes to mind is some Kinks albums I have that are in both stereo and then repeated in mono.

Turns out one has a non-responsive woofer. The small one just underneath the tweeter (5.5" maybe?)

I tested this with alot of music and this woofer has not made the slightest vibration. I unscrewed it and checked the wiring and it seems fine.

So what I'm wondering is what should I do now? Is there anything I can try at home to get this woofer going? Is it the woofer or something else?

I'm quite positive that this woofer has never worked since I got these speakers because I've always noticed the M60's sounded different but like I said, I thought it was just me.

By switching them from left to right and the woofer non-responsive on both sides confirms that it's not an amp or wiring issue right?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!