Vinyl hangout…..

It seems that there are some here that are starting to get into vinyl, and I thought I might start a thread dedicated to the subject.

I'm planning on purchasing a Technics 1200 series turntable and a Shure M97 cartridge this week. I also went down to a local record store and couldn't believe the number of great LPs from .88¢ through $3.99! I could've picked up 50 albums that I knew and loved in past years that never made their way to purchased CDs…

I'm planning on using the setup with my Denon 3805, though I'm partly justifying the purchase because I've received calls from customers wanting to know if we transfer vinyl to CD. If that's the case, I might be looking for a separate phono preamp to feed a Mackie mixer. Any thoughts on inexpensive phono preamps?

I have to admit that I love the nostalgia of a TT….it'll bring me back to the days of first falling in love with quality sound. I don't know if vinyl will sound better than CDs as some say, but I think I'll enjoy the variety of finds at the record store.

It's interesting that, despite the much higher S/N ratio available from a CD player, some feel that vinyl has a dynamic range that you no longer find with popular CD releases.

Anyone having problems with rumble now that subs are the norm and few (any?) amps have infrasonic filters??

Any thoughts in general? Show of hands: Who is into vinyl here?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::