I am trying to budget for my home theater before I even buy a house, but I have pretty much all but settled on Axiom, I in particularly like the M80 towers and QS8 surrounds, what I am not sure on is the sub/subs. I have ruled out the EP600 based on cost, even though I am sure it would be awesome. Thus, I had settled on the EP500, and was rather content. Until of course, I started thinking about a two sub arrangement. If one EP600 is too much money, then two EP500's is WAY too much money, so I got to thinking, maybe two EP350's. Here is my concern.

The EP350 does NOT go as low in frequency response as the EP500, and I REALLY want that deep bass and WoW effect, whether I am entertaining with music or movies. On the other hand, two EP350's have the potential to give more listening positions a flatter bass response. I don't want my room to sound good in just a limited number of listening positions, but at the same time I want that real low bass that I have read about in EP500 reviews.

So, in this forum's opinion, should I go ahead with two EP350's? Or should I start with an EP500 and go from there? If I am satisfied with the EP500, I can add one further down the road, or if I am not satisfied trade it back via the 30 day trial period.

As a side note, is the 30 day trial applicable for the outlet items?

Last edited by Fancypants; 02/06/08 02:56 PM.