That’s a good point Chess. I suspect if I opened another bottle tonight, I’d enjoy it. I know that if I drink too many glasses my pallet gets saturated and it all starts tasting the same. It’s at that point my glass gets water.

Michael,

I think you’ll like the Patz and Hall. Just keep an open mind. It is very different. Not sure if the wine snob relative will appreciate it though. Some wine snobs will even refuse to drink blends, which I find ridiculous. I have not had the N/N cab. I sure like whatever they come out with though. I just wish they weren’t so darn expensive.

A few more good pinots I’ve had lately worth trying….

05 Dutton Goldfields (Napa) < $45
04 Artesa (forgot where this is from) < $25
06 Paraiso (Santa Luca Highlands) < $35
04 Larson Family (Sonoma) < $25

To date, my favorite Pinot is the Nickel and Nickel followed closely by the Patz and Hall, then the Dutton, then the Larson Family with the Artesa and Paraiso in tow.

Last night I had a blend that was pretty darn good. It had a finish that just kept going and going. Well rounded, mild tannin with just a wee bit of fruit on the nose. This one is a good drinker or good with food. I should have decanted this one because it just kept getting better and opening up.

2004 Atrea Old Soul Red (Napa) < $40