In the research that I have done, it appears that capacitance is also important in an amplifier design, and in some respects more important than talking about all these "watts" available as most of us get hung up on. In addition, things like damping factor and current delivery are important.

In purchasing my Odyssey Monoblocks some time ago, one of the advantages over other amp designs I was looking at, was that each of my monoblocks has 120,000 microFarad capacitance, for a total of 240,000 uF for both of my m80's.

The new Axiom 1400-8 amplifier has 140,000 uF total for the entire 8 channel amp. Now, I am not totally up on digital versus class A A/B designs, so maybe the more efficient 1400-8 does not require as much capacitance?

I was just thinking that if it is able to route up to 1400+ watts to any given speaker, if needed but unlikely, than it would also require a lot of capacitance for reserve to be available when called upon?

This may be a question more suited for Ian, Alan, or Tom, as they are obviously more in tune with the design. I'm just trying to understand this part of the equation.

Thanks in advance, Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85