John,
Thank you very much for a great reply. In fact the A-1400-8 I ordered is on its way. I can't believe it shipped so fast!
I was curious and tempted to get one, but at the same time was hungry for more info. There hasn't been really that much posted/printed about it in the terms written in your reply. It obviously takes one who has experienced the mono block powering of an amp to answer my questions and concerns.
I hope it lives up to my expectations.

Now I just have to wait for Purolator and DHL to figure out where the amp is - living in the States there is limbo, a kind of twilight zone where packages disappear for 24 to 48 hrs before they turn up scanned in the US. It's a horrible waiting period since literally neither Purolator or DHL have any sign of it, or where it is.
It's supposed to be scanned when it enters the US but sometimes it isn't. I want to be available for delivey since DHL is great for leaving packages on the stoop or between the doors.
In the past I have actually stepped on smaller packages left on the stoop! (Smaller ones in envelopes)
I've even had packages sent to Ohio then back to NY then to NJ and back to NY where I live.
Grrrrrrrr
Any way, I'm very much hoping to pair my Anthem D2 with a new partner in hopes it's a match made in heaven.
Again, thanks John!