This has become quite an interesting discussion. Based on Tom's statement via Alan, I am now concerned that I have may have damaged to my speakers as I have run the Audyssey setup routine with 8 listening positions at least a half dozen times. I am now using another A1400-8 after having used Audyssey for awhile on a prior A1400-8 and having a channel go bad. Brent at Axiom said that Tom thought it sounded like the failure was heat related, nad I followed up with an e-mail but haven't heard anything back in terms of diagnosis.

I heard distortion out of the tweeters on my VP150 the other night while watching a boxing match on HBO HD. The issue didn't subside even at low volume levels, and I was forced to turn the ReEQ feature on my processor on in order to avoid the distortion. Funny thing was, the distortion was almost exclusively limited to when Max Kellerman was speaking. Maybe he was leaning too closely to his mic and/or the source was clipping.

I've watched some shows and listened to music since that night and haven't heard the issue recur. The issue really sticks out in my head at the moment since I just read this thread.

My experiences with Audyssey notwithstanding, I feel that any amp vendor puts themselves in a precarious position stating that EQ software being integrated by a number of pre/pro vendors is not compatible with their product. Axiom has provided some of the best customer service that I have received from any vendor in any industry, so I for one don't believe they consider the matter settled after Tom -> Alan's statement in this thread.

A: Epic 80 * 600 / Integra DTC-9.8 / A1400-8
V: Samsung HL-S6187W / Tosh HD-XA2 / PS3 / Oppo 970HD