Originally Posted By: JasonC
Anthony, you're all over the place...reminds me of where I was at last November \:\) So many choices, so many things to think about.

Indeed. Heck, I started out just wanting to add surrounds and a center to my existing Bose beasts, was looking at Atlantic Technology bookshelves. Then the Polk RtiA8's looked good, and now I find myself here
 Quote:
The only reason I was looking at upgrading was because I was looking at a new TV and didn't think my crappy old audio equipment would do the new TV justice.

There's some of that for me, too. Sometimes I'll be watching a show with a high-quality soundtrack (eg. Supernatural) and will find myself wondering what'd be coming out of those extra 3/4 speakers that I don't have next to my 61".
 Quote:
I ended up throwing my budget out the window and got the Epic 60-600 system along with a Denon 3808. I couldn't be more pleased.

Holy subsonics Batman! I have to admit that even the EP350 sub smells like overkill at this point to me.
 Quote:
Anyways, on to your situation...

Some of the below configs are just the Epic [68]0 350's from the web site. I started out aiming for the VP100 center but the Axiom advisor guy kinda upsold me to the VP150. Sigh. Looks like the CLD-99's not going to fit in the stand any more -- not that it gets much use any more..
 Quote:
M60 + VP150 + QS8 + EP350 + RX-V663
I think this would sound much better than the above config.

2xM80 + VP150 + 2xQS4 + 3808 (config you listed)
This doesn't look bad, but if you are going to spend this much money you might as well spend the extra $150 and upgrade to the QS8.

WTF did I write QS4 in there? I meant QS8. 1948.45 outlet + 1000 or so for the Denon beast to drive them all.

Any thoughts on 2xM80 + VP150 + 2xQS8 + 3808 (~$3000) without a sub vs. 2x M60 + VP150 + 2x QS8 + EP350 + RX-V663 (~$2700)? I'm guessing that the extra woofer in the M80 wouldn't really make up for not having a sub -- but I could be out of my vulcanmind. In the end, though, I'm sure that any of these configs will be way better than what I have now.

Just for gins, my old room (moving in 9 days -- sigh) and the new room (the staging stuff isn't staying).

Last edited by anthony11; 04/16/08 11:25 PM.