Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
What a cool house!

The old one? Yep, I love it a lot, but being on the outskirts of Monroe is kind of inconvenient, especially for my fiance' and incipient rugrat. The new place is a duplex townhouse (@#$@# Microcult millionaires have inflated the housing market) but fairly nice for its ilk. There's a CAT5e+coax run to a panel in the alcove, which will be very convenient. I haven't even thought about what to do with the wires for the surrounds (or where to place a sub if I get one) - hopefully I can find some sort of decent-looking raceway to lay on the floor rather than paying someone big bucks to fish it through the wall.
 Quote:
If you watch a lot of movies, you'll want a sub. You can always get it later, of course.

Yep, we do watch lots of movies and TV shows (the latter mostly on DVD) but I suspect that truly enjoyable volume levels will seldom be feasible once the baby hatches :-/. There's the WAF factor for add-on purchases, though, and it might be tough for me to float a ~$650 EP350 purchase later. The kid's room (gotta call it a room tho it's the size of the closets in my old place) of course is conveniently riiiiight underneath the TV alcove.