Where would be the best place for surrounds in an L shaped room given that the short wall ends before the listening position? The problem is that I cannot mount the left surround on a wall unless it was before the listening position. I considered moving the couch forward but the TV is a 65" HD and is currently 10' from the middle couch position. I don't want to be closer.

I have a bmp but don't see how to attach it here in the forum (it's local & not via a web link).

If you take your right hand and point your index in the air (i.e. "we're #1") and extend the thumb you have a backwards L. My TV, front speakers and sub are at the top of the index finger. The short wall is on the left and ends BEFORE the listening position. The right wall extends all the way to the rear. The viewing portion of the room (i.e. the L minus the thumb) is 10' x 21'.

The three options as I see it are:
1. Place the left surround on a stand and mount the right on the wall parallel to the listening position & of equal to the left that is on a stand.
2. Suspend both surrounds from the ceiling parallel to the listening position.
3. Place both surrounds on stands directly behind the couch at the corner on stands.