I had my first chance to hit the range today with the Rugar MK3. I had my share of problems for sure. First I had a few FTF with the Remington bulk ammo. Second I had more duds than I thought was possible, what crappy stuff it was. I will never buy that stuff again. I think the FTF was because of the position of the first round, I think I had them to flat not allowing for a proper feed.

When the ammo worked the pistol shot extremely well. Now if I can only work on my skills to match what the pistol is capable of. So I am pretty pleased with the Mk3, I only need to figure out what it likes to be fed. I hear CCI and Winchester wildcats work well so I'll give them each a try.. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Now to cleaning the darn thing. Disassembly was a cake walk, no problems. Cleaning went well too. Assembly was mostly smooth except when it was time to put the main spring back in. I tried and tried and tried again to no avail. Every time I went to close it the darn thing it would just pull back out. I remembered I bookmarked this on youtube and it explained one step that finally worked. I wasn't getting the hammer far enough forward to get the hook on the mainspring back in place. Once I watched this video and it showed what I was missing it was a piece of cake after that.

I hope to try some different ammo this coming weekend so any suggestions would be great.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud