Originally Posted By: Hutzal
Is Amazon generally recommended for TV's and stuff? We will be moving to the states in 2-3 months, and are going to buy a flat screen, I have no clue where to start looking as I am from Canada.

For general 'stuff', yes, I use Amazon a lot. Books, CD's, general electronic doo-dads, yeah, I like Amazon. Very often I'll browse what I want at Best Buy or Circuit City, but then go buy it online from Amazon. The HDTVa antenna I bought was $70 at Best Buy. Amazon had it for $30 with $8 shipping. For computer-specific things, I'm a big fan of NewEgg.com.

The only thing to watch for with Amazon is that for some products, Amazon acts as a portal for other companies. So sometimes you can find what you want on Amazon.com, but it will be sold and shipped by some other company. It says it near the 'Add to Cart' button. I have *never* had a problem with stuff sold and shipped directly from Amazon. I have a few problems with stuff from other companies. Lost orders, incorrect products, slow shipping, etc.

The return & low-price guarantee policies are different (or non-existent) when dealing with one of these other companies. So my advice is to always buy stuff that's sold & shipped by Amazon directly.

Like I said though, this was my first experience buying something big & heavy from them. It worked out well. Of course, delivery was smooth and the TV wasn't damaged in any way. I don't know what I would have had to go through with Amazon had the TV not worked. I'm sure they would have taken care of it, but it probably would have involved more effort than if I had bought it at a local electronics store.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office