Congrats Peter. You now have 2 very nice (and complete) systems there. I can't wait to see the high-res pics and hear your impressions on the new gear.

I think this is a very neat story all around and I am happy to have just been a part of watching it. It's not often (if ever) you see such generosity from a corporation, nor such devotion from its customers. And of course they go hand in hand. Axiom's employees are top notch. The exceptional level of customer care they provide is second to none, and I feel this attracts customers that believe in the same principles. The kind of people that value service, integrity, honesty, and friendship; even more than any physical product. It is certainly no accident that such a fine group of individuals has gathered here. It is Axiom's service model that has made it possible. Most other companies don't get the concept here, and it is a pity.

I applaud Peter for reaching this milestone. And applaud Axiom for doing what they do so well. Thank you all for your friendship.

The Beatles sum it up best...

‘And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make’

-Dave

M80s VP150 QS8s EP500s
ravenmanor.com/cinema/