I had a pretty messed up dream last night. It ran like a movie and was quite detailed.

I was a teenage version of myself and I was at summer camp. I witnessed one of the other campers accidentally kill someone. Later, I was walking with a fellow camper in the woods and was telling him about what I saw. Coming over a hill, we both saw the killer and a friend lugging something wrapped in a bedsheet through the brush. I said "Holy crap, that's him!" -- but I said it too loud, and the killer pulled a gun from behind his waist. Naturally, we both ran in the other direction as fast as we could. I remember trying to zig zag away as randomly as possible.

Cut to a few months or years (?) later. I am in my hometown, but not at home because I believe the killer is still looking for me. I'm in hiding -- maybe because I turned him in and he has since been released. I am laying down on the floor of a friend's bedroom, staring at the ceiling. I hear a knock on the window, start to freak out, but then calm down when I see it's a girl. She tells me that she's a martial arts instructor at a program that rehabilitates people with troubled pasts. She says the killer guy wants to talk to me and this is part of the rehabilitation program.

Cut to the martial arts studio. It's just me, the instructor, and the killer. He's in a white t-shirt and loose white pants. While he talks to me about getting over his past, he's pacing around, obviously tense, and quite obviously still harbors ill will towards me. The instructor seems concerned. As he's finishing up his canned speech, he's practically steaming. The instructor brings things to a close quickly and sends me on my way.

Cut to me in bed with two girls, but cut away before anything interesting happens (DAMN! That always happens. Damn Catholic upbringing....)

Now it's many years later and the guy tracks me down in a deserted location. We start fighting. (Thankfully he doesn't have a gun.) After many blows are exchanged, he produces a swiss army knife and lunges at he. I catch his wrist and try desperately to keep it away. Somehow I twist the knife and it's now pointing at him. I manage to cut him, but the he twists and then he gets me on the palm. (ow!) Eventually, the knife is out of the picture, we're both bleeding, and and laying on the ground. I get my hands around his neck and hold on for a long time.

After much gurgling and the normal stuff you'd expect while attempting to choke someone to death, his body was still, but there were still gurgling noises coming from his mouth. My hands were cramping, and I was sure he'd at least have brain damage at this point, so I let go and moved away. After a few moments, he stood up with an evil grin on his face. Oh, sh*t.

Cut to Steve Wozniak (yeah, the co-founder of Apple) explaining the immortality program the killer had been participating in for the last few years -- training to withstand stabs and choking. He had even replaced his ribs with metal replicas.

That's pretty much where I awoke.

So the guy who had seen mortality occur before him, by his own actions, ended up seeking immortality. I told you it was a messed up dream.