Hey everyone. I've been lurking on these forums for the past month, trying to decide what speakers to buy when the time comes (sometime this year) but it's been terribly difficult. I'm planning to start with just a two speaker system for now, but I can't even decide on what to get for that! Here's what I've been hearing:

M22: Great sound, but not much bass compared to other models. The need to buy a sub woofer suggests to me that I should consider the floor standers instead.

M60: Again, great sound, but fairly bass heavily at low volumes. Since most of my listening will be low to mid, and since I'm the kind of person to turn the treble up on my stereo rather than the bass, I think maybe this model isn't right for me, even though it's more well rounded than the M22.

M80: Of course, everyone sings the praises of this model, but I just don't have the resources to spend on both it AND a 4-ohm rated receiver to run it. This is my first system, and that's just too much right now.

Nut otherwise the M80 sounds like a perfectly balanced speaker which I attribute to it's floor standing cabinet and array of tweeters and woofers. Two tweeters, two 5.25s, and two 6.5s....

I've got a mid-sized living room, and I'm looking at 100-watt receivers (specifically the Onkyo 606), so I don't even NEED something as powerful as the M80, but I've love to have it's balanced, rich sound. Now I'm by no means an audio expert, but why doesn't axiom have a model with one of each of the above. One tweeter, one 5.25" woofer, and one 6.5" woofer. The balance of the M80 in a smaller, more affordable package.

This speaker could be an M23, a combination of the M2 and M3 -- like an M22 but with a larger body. It could be the revival of the M40.... either way, it seems like the perfect speaker for me may not exist yet.

Is there some reason such a speaker won't work? Because that's the only explanation I can think of as to why it's not part of axiom's great line-up.

What do you guys think? Am I nuts? \:\)