Okay, so I've decided to fix my laptop. It died on me a while back and instead of fixing it then, I thought it was a good time to buy a Mac Mini (really, just a flimsy excuse to go to an actual desktop set up).

I'm not entirely sure, but I have a strong feeling that my hard drive went bad. I went to start it up one day and all I heard was a *clunk clunk clunk clunk*. So I'm thinking of putting in a new hard drive myself. I'm not going to worry about data transfer--whatever was on the old hard drive can stay lost forever.

I've never really done anything like this before, but I'm not gonna let that deter me. For some weird reason, I'm looking forward to doing this. Anyway, I'm looking at this and hope I can manage to install it in the laptop and get it up and running again.

Is there anything else I need to know before jumping in and ordering a hard drive? Anyone try anything like this before?

Anyone wanna say, "Sean, don't be a knucklehead and fancy yourself a computer geek because you are not."

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose