Originally Posted By: edmondwolfman

I have most of my mp3s at 256k and above. How do you get flac to play on the 3808. When I put flac files in a directory to stream from my computer/NAS or whatever they don't show up, only mp3s and I think wav shows up also. I posted on another site in the 3808 thread about streaming flac files but no one responded.
I used Winamp to rip my files onto my Linksys NAS200 and the linksys sets up a network ready music file that all my PC'c can find instantly when connected to the netowrk. I will guess the settings the NAS is using is allowing me to stream without any thought about any other needs. I will guess the folder in which you have all the music saved needs to be shared on the network. The 3808 has its own system to find the files on the network. I really haven't thought about what is going on too technically, all I know is that it works great for me. I guess I should look deeper one day.

I am curious what sort of DB levels are you listening at? I only find the M80s becoming shrill at extreme levels, about 100db and up. Have you run the Audyssey setup and then made your own adjustments to the EQ to suit your tastes, basically as John said, a treble adjustment. It could be something that Audyssey is doing to the EQ due to something it is noticing in the room setup. Have you tried the system with no Audyssey used at all, is it still shrill? Latest updates done on the 3808?

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70