Originally Posted By: jakewash
 Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
So are we taking bets as to whether or not we'll see M22 V3's in 2 or 3 months from now?
With a substantial price increase at the prices the ninja networks cost. I would guess Ian would just authorize the networks to be used in Axiom products if he likes what they do, or at the very least, feels they are built well enough to not cause the drivers any problems for warranty purposes.

I would tend to agree. Crossover components this expensive aren't really part of axiom's design philosophy. I would bet that either nothing will come of it, and you can go buy stuff at skiing ninja if you want, or if Ian is really impressed maybe there will be some sort of agreement worked out such that ninja master crossovers are designed for more axiom products and they cross market for each other in some way. Maybe he'd send some M80's Sean's way and have them ninjafied. \:D It will ultimately just be another choice for everybody.

Merely copying the design would put the m22's in a different price class. You can easily enough figure out the cap values and buy the stuff yourself. You'll find the markup isn't that big. Axiom, like every other speaker manufacturer, aims at price points when designing speakers. Going no-holds-barred with the crossover for every speaker would in all likelihood be detrimental to their overall business model.

Last edited by woofersus; 09/11/08 07:10 PM.

Tim Evans
East Street Audio