Murph, the only setup that I ran was the auto setup, I thought auto EQ was part of that setup. Looking at the manual it only shows one auto setup feature and it's called the Audyssey multi-EQ XT. I did just notice in the manual that it states "when using a subwoofer to defeat the volume and crossover controls if possible", or set the volume to "12 o'clock" position, crossover frequency to "maximum/highest frequency", low pass filter "off" and standby mode to "off", which I did not do before running the auto setup so I don't know if this would be the contributing factor to my problem. I will also bring out the SPL meter and test everything.

Jason, if I set the receiver subwoofer setting to LFE + Mains won't my front l/r channels will be reproducing LFE as well? I thought it was better to use the subwoofer exclusively because that's its job :-) and it can push more air etc., at least I think I learnt that somewhere on the forum.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.