OK,

I managed to listen to many speakers this weekend.

I Listened to some Klipsch and JBL (wasn't impressed), B&W 684's (sonded very good, but a little expensive), Focal Chorus 716 (same, good but expensive) and some mordant-shorts Carnival 8 and deftech BP7006, both in the Axiom pricerange but I thnik the Axioms might be a better speaker for the money...

Knowing I liked the B&W and the Focals, I am considering different configurations axiom speakers and am trying to figure out which system would sound best:

Option A

M60's
QS4 (or maybe 8 if I succomb...)
VP150
EP350

Option B
M80's
QS4 (or maybe 8 if I succomb...)
VP150
EP175

My wife probably wont like listening to room-shaking loudness movies so I figure maybe my money is better spent on M80s than on the sub? However, I really don't need the power of the M80s (my room is 19x11 with one wall pretty pened up toward the kitchen and dining room)...

I called Axiom and they recommanded the VP150 so I'll stick with that.

Also, one of the demo I liked today was with a Paradigm DSP3100 which I figure to be similar to the EP175. I figure with all your comments bigger is better (hence the 350), but the guy from Axiom did say that the 350 would be "less defined" compared to the 175 for bass (told him I like clear bass in music).

My new system: M80s, VP-150, EP-350 and QS8s, Denon AVR-889, Samsung BD-P1500 and XBox360