Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
I think it's easy to get too hung up on the measurements. Especially when we're talking about things like "transparency".

Ninja, I will respectfully disagree with your assessment that the scale on the graphs doesn't matter. You've gone to great pains to measure things, to assert that those measurements have value, and to defend the integrity of those measurements. To then - within the presentation of the findings - skew the scale of the graphs subverts your earlier efforts.

I understand and do agree to a point. The fact that it makes no difference to the measurements should win out in the end in my opinion. I realize that you disagree and I'm OK with that. If I can get another pair to Danny, I will have him re-shoot so they look identical.

Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
I am amused that Ninja's decision to make a fairly significant change to the crossover point is getting so little play. I'd posit that Ian certainly considered different crossover points for this speaker, and that his research and his measurements led him to prefer the one in place. There's no reason why somebody else might not prefer a different design. I just don't think it shows a great deal of professional respect to suggest that Ian got everything else right about this speaker but forgot to even check to see if a different crossover point might have made a meaningful and positive difference.

No one is suggesting that Ian forgot anything... at least I am not. He chose what he did for very specific reasons and I am certain that those reasons were based on his experience, listening and measurements. I've not suggested otherwise...

As far as professional respect, I believe I have been very respectful despite some rather disrespectful comments in this thread that have been sent my way...