As a stereo devotee I would like to reply to your article Stereo Devotees - You Might Just Prefer Music In 5.1! I disagree that 5.1 will give you a more realistic sound. When I am at a live concert the music is coming from the front(from the stage in stereo). The room acoustics dictate the actual sound you will hear. The stereo sound bounces off walls and the ceiling and you hear these sounds as well as the sound from the speakers. This is also what happens when you play your music at home with a stereo setup. Of course some rooms will have better accoustics than others but this is the challenge of setting up your stereo to get the most from your listening room. To artificially enhance the sounds that come from the back and sides is just that, artificial. I have heard very nice 5.1 systems and I really enjoy them in a movie setting. But that said I still find listening to music in stereo is more natural. You may call it old fashioned and maybe I am digging in my heels, but for me it will always be stereo.