Originally Posted By: SatKartr
That sounds exactly like something I would do/say, that strategy works, I hate to confess, but a man has to find some way to build his empire, otherwise we'd all be listening to home theater in a box!

BTW, how do you like the HSU 15? Is it as great as they say? Were you able to audition it first? Why that over the EP500 since they are roughly the same price?

I am very limited on space where the sub could sit. If I had the room I would probably have gone for a couple of the HSU VTF-3 MK3s for around the same price.

I needed a sub to be a forward fire, it couldn't be too tall, wide or deep. I would rather have spent less because I know that many subs for less than $1000 sound really good but all the ones I looked at were too large for my "spot". The ULS-15 fit perfectly, was a forward fire and with the 15" and 1000W I thought it might be a sub I wouldn't have to upgrade and would deliver all the bass I need. It is indeed a great sub. It goes really low and is clean and tight. I don't regret getting the ULS-15 at all and in fact I love it I was having some problems getting my Axiom M60s and VP100 to sound the way I wanted them to at first. Some music sounded good but most of my music was what I would call harsh sounding, just too shrill through the treble range. I thought I had made a mistake purchasing them and I posted so in one of these forums. I also posted a screen shot of the equalizer graph for my FL and several people stated that they though that Audyssey had not calibrated correctly. Others suggested playing with the settings manually, dropping the high freq levels to 0 or below and adjusting others up to 0 as well as playing with the center width, depth, panaroma and tone controls. I've been tweaking on those for a couple of weeks now and the sound difference is like night and day. I am now satisfied that I made the right decision as my audio now sounds excellent

Oh yeah, another reason I went with the ULS-15 is that it comes with wireless. If it wouldn't have sounded great in the "spot" I had for it I could have place it in the back of the room or on a side wall and wouldn't have had to run cable. I have hard wood floors so the cable would have been very noticable and I know you understand the WAF from one of your previous posts

I also posted the question about the Marantz MM8003 vs. Emotiva XPA-5 over at the avsforum. I haven't had my ass chewed out in a couple of days so I gave it a shot. I'll probably be back in a few minutes completely chastised

Last edited by edmondwolfman; 10/01/08 08:58 PM.

"Real Gun Control Is Hitting What You Aim At" - can't remember