Great suggestions all around guys, thanks!

David I think i have the same TV as you actually, mine is the 50E2000. I have to agree, it's the "gray" levels of the TV that get to me the most, along with the silk screen effect. I got it on a killer Black Friday deal which made the set less than anything 42" and over at the time.

SatKartr I believe both that Samsung and the Panasonic (both 58") are pretty comparable price wise. It would be good to know which one performs better. The budget is probably around 1500-2k at the moment, due to the fact that we are house shopping and if we end up finding a house then the budget is probably shot to nothing for now. Otherwise I'm happy to wait and see what happens in the next few months, as sales happen in this time of year, as well as some companies introducing newer models in the late spring. I mean in 2006 a decent 42" plasma was about $1400, right now a great 50" plasma can be had for a little over $1k. So it could continue this next year.

In short who knows what I will choose, I am in a holding position here for a while I think what with WBAF (Budget Approval factor) and WWAHF (Wife wanting a house factor) overriding my TV choices at the moment.

Steve