So, first things first... Yes, my wife did get me the Algonquins. She had me guessing though as they didn't show up while opening gifts. UPS dropped them off later in the day on my birthday, which was an even better surprise. What timing!

In any case... I installed them inside for now as I don't have all of the speaker cable needed to make the run from the second story to the backyard deck. The point of this post is not to review the sound, but as a brief note, WOW. It is amazing how good these little speakers sound.

To the point though... as we were listening to them upstairs, my wife said "Are you really going to put these outside? Aren't you afraid they'll get ruined in the rain/heat/etc. in Texas? I knew the speakers were quite tough, but decided to read through the manual just to see what it said. What I read totally cracked me up, so I wanted to post it here... it's bar none my favorite line in any product manual I've read in quite awhile.

Originally Posted By: Axiom Algonquin Manual
If you drop your speaker into a pool, unscrew the woofer and pull it out of the cabinet to drain the speaker. Reinstall the woofer and the speaker is ready for use again. The screened, angled port prevents water from entering the speaker under normal circumstances.

\:D \:D

When I read this out loud to my wife, we both agreed that if they can survive immersion in a pool, there's probably not much the rain & heat is going to do to harm them any worse than that. ;\)

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry