thefwam.....you should ask yourself some questions. Like, is the TV going to be in direct sunlight, basement or lighting controlled area?

If in direct light, then RPTV will have less glare and be good. If in areas of controlled lighting or dim, then plasma will be fine and the reflective screen is not an issue.

Next, ask yourself what type of picture you prefer....RPTV, Plasma, LCD?? You have also said wall mounting isnt a big deal, so either will work.

Figure out what type of pic you like the best and what the price range is. Dont get hung up on paying extra $$ for brands if you dont care about it. The differences in pic quality between Pioneer, Panasonic, Samsung plasma are minimal when they are side by side.

I have a LCOS based RPTV and love it. I just helped a friend put in a Sammy 50A450 plasma and its great. Also have friends with the Panny plasmas and they too are a great picture. I visually compared the picture of the Samsung to the 720P and 1080P Panasonic and couldnt notice a big difference. My next TV will be a 42" plasma for the family room....probably the Samsung. Great picture, black piano finish, great price.

Last edited by ctown; 10/07/08 03:36 PM.