Originally Posted By: chesseroo
 Originally Posted By: Ajax

If Jake present his opinions as objective science your point is valid. However, Jake has the right to his subjective opinion and the right to express that opinion and I, for one, am looking forward to hearing his opinion. It is left to each of us to decide for ourselves how much or how little that opinion means.

We are not talking about suppression of the expression of free speech or anything here. Hold onto the soap box speeches for the next election.

Nice straw man argument. No soap box speech. I don't believe the term "free speech" appeared in my post. The issue is not whether someone has the right to express an opinion, the issue is whether anyone is entitled to tell others how much importance to place on someone's opinion. Feel free to say how much importance you place on it, and why, but leave my decision to me, thank you very much.

Originally Posted By: chesseroo
Jack, you know full well that in the world of audio a subjective expression of opinion becomes a second person's Bible of authority on what is unequivocally true even though it could not be further from the truth.
For example, aren't all Axiom speakers bright? Because I read that on a forum and this information was posted from a well renowned audiophile who posts there a lot.

What I am saying time and time again is "oh really"?
And I will never stop asking that question so that the "second" person who comes along may think a bit harder or more in depth rather than blindly believing the first subjectively expressed opinion they read on a subject.

the bottom line
help debunk the myths
First of all, the statement "Axioms are a bright speaker" is a statement of fact. No, I don't mean it is a fact, I mean it is an opinion stated as a fact and I would, and do, take exception to that. However if someone says I find Axioms to be bright," or "I think they are bright," or "Axioms sound bright to me," I have no complaint.

Are you saying that anytime someone would say "Axioms are a bright speaker" You would step in and say "oh really" in an effort to "debunk that myth?"

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton