After running the calibration, I thought I'd point out two things from the Tips & Tricks article that stood out to me.

From section VII B "After Calibration":
 Quote:
Raise the low-pass filter setting (usually incorrectly identified as a crossover) of the LFE subwoofer in the receiver / processor to 120Hz, if allowed

This seems like strange advice doesn't it?

And then, in the final note to the document, on the last page:

Quote:
Before adjusting the trim settings, please understand that producing a calibrated setting other than 75 dB SPL results in reference level being achieved with the master volume set to something other than “0”.

This too just seems strange to me. I've asked the question about reference level volume in the past and the consensus was that there's no such thing because all movies/music/etc. are mixed differently, resulting in different sound levels at different volumes on your receiver. Not to mention different speaker efficiencies resulting in different volumes at the same gain level on the receiver.

Overall I thought the document was very helpful, but I don't think anyone should get to hung up on following the advice on either of these two points.

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry