Since I was present at the demo, I thought I would add my impressions of the modified M22's vs. the M22's ver. 2.

When I first heard the comparison, the difference in sound between the two was immediately apparent. There was more detail in the modified M22's. and subtle sounds were heard that were not heard on the stock pair. Diana Krall came forward and it was if I moved up a number of rows at the concert.

I did feel the modified speakers lacked bass and I believe needed the sub-woofer support more than the stock M22's. Did I enjoy the listening experience? Yes, the described detail was interesting and gave depth to several recordings. As Jason mentioned the alarm clocks on Pink Floyd seemed to be mounted on the walls all around us. But with the greater detail, a poorly produced source will suffer more.

Remember we kept switching back and forth continuously comparing the two sets. There was a time that the stock M22's were left on for awhile and as the memory of the modified's faded, I went back to remembering why I liked my 22's. What I guess I am trying to say, is that while true that Sean changed the sound of the stock speakers I (again personal opinion) would likely not spend the extra dollars for the change. As we all know, sound is subjective, some would undoubtably find the modified M22's "better" and would have to decide for themselves the cost/benefit of the upgrade.

If I can leave the modified M22's for know and make another comment. I purchased the M22's and a EP350 for a two channel music system. I initially wanted M80's but after trying my M60's in the place of the two channel system and did not like the physical size of the floorstanders and ended up making my decision for cosmetic reasons (that really means WAF). Although I have always enjoyed the 22's and sub I often wondered what the 80's would have been. On Saturday, I had the opportunity of comparing the 22's with Mojo's 80's. I truly felt that the 22's and sub compared quite favourably to the 80's and any doubts that I had not ordered the right speakers evaporated. I do not want to speak for the others, but I will say that even Mojo said he would have no issue recommending the M22's (stock) based on our brief demo.

As a last comment, I have to say how dedicated Jay is, in taking on all the demoing that he does. He really is quite objective and goes into these tests with an open mind. I dount I would have the patience, but it is sure nice to be able to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

Anyways, I will quit my rambling and end my opinions.

Greg