My overall impression:

Bordeaux wines are a different ballpark than I'm used to when it comes to wines, and it was wonderful to step outside my zone of experience. In general, the wines were a bit more focused. I was tempted to say thinner, but that's not entirely accurate. Not coincidentally my favorite wine (other than the really expensive one which was marvelous but waaay out of my budget -- it cost more than the rest put together) was the jammiest one of the bunch and cost just under $30.

Specific notes:
0. 2007 Ch. Coucheroy
This was the only white wine of the bunch. It's a dry white wine made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes. Was quite tasty with mineral overtones and a pleasant nose.

1. 2003 Ch. Mont-Perat
This was the thinnest of the reds, IMHO. Good flavor, but the finish was lacking oomph.

2. 2003 Vrai Canon Bouche
This was a definite step up from the previous red. Fuller mouthfeel, more berry fruit, and moderate dustiness in the nose.

3. 2003 Ch. D’Aiguilhe
My second favorite wine. This one most reminded me of the California wines I love. The nose grabs you right away and the flavor is reminiscent of a zin. A bit spicy and sweet with just enough tannins to tingle the sides of your tongue without drying it out. If I were to buy any of the wines I tasted, this would be the one.

4. 2003 Ch. Pipeau
This was my least favorite. The tannins were a bit too much, and there just wasn't enough "there" there. It needs at least 5 more years in the cellar. The aroma reminded me of smoked meats, which I'd never really smelled in a wine before.

5. 2003 Ch. Lagrange
My third favorite wine. Floral aromas with bright, fruity flavors. Thoroughly quaffable.

6. 2003 Chateau Longueville du Baron de Pichon-Longueville
This was the big name blockbuster wine. Wow! Made from mostly cab grapes, it stood apart from the others in its flavor profile. (The other wines were mostly merlot, I believe.) A bit of the tobacco I'm used to from California cabs, and a wonderful spicy nose and chewy feel in the mouth. The most refined wine of the bunch, for sure.

All in all, a very pleasant evening with fine company and I'm so glad I was able to attend. Thanks, wife! \:\)