Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

Can the USB jack support a drive? In other words, if I took my external, USB drive full of MP3s to the receiver, can I play tracks directly? If so, do you get a display on-screen or on the receiver of track info and for navigation? (If not, I'll have to see of my XBox 360 or my HD TiVo will take a drive directly.... My Network here is non-existent).
If the drive can act as a mediastreamer on it's own, no other components required, then it would work, although I am thinking the drive should work anyway, as a USB key is just seen as a regular removeable drive, I will have to try it.

Quote:

I just read a test of a few receivers' Video Processing / Scaling capabilities (Home Theater Magazine Link) and it seems that the 3808 did pretty poorly. Yet, everyone here loves their 3808. Is it that the receiver's scaling and processing features don't count for much because the disc player is handling IT'S share, and the TiVo is handling IT'S share, etc., etc... and the 3808 is setup to just "pass it through"?
Thanks for the link, it has some good explanations of video. To answer your question, yes, as I had never planned on using the upscaling abilities and just use the DVD player to do all my upscaling or allow the TV to do its thing for SD sources.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70