OK, wife said the other day..."maybe we should look at getting a flat panel TV for our living room upstairs?" So guys, I need to jump on this one before she changes her mind. \:\)

I've done a little research reading consumer reports, and shopping around at the local retail stores and wally world. I know some of you have done your home work on brands, reviews, etc. Just seeking a little help on what you would recommend. Also, have a few questions on installation.

1) What brands would you recommend in an LCD 1080p TV around 50"? (not including Toshiba, long story) Right now I'm considering Samsung, Panasonic, and Phillips. Probably need to stay under $1500 at the max. Something with 120hz and a high contrast rating would be nice.

2) This will be going upstairs in our living room. So we would be getting rid of our nice oak entertainment center and placing the TV on the wall. I have two walls in this room with RG6 Coax prerun to the wall and an electrical outlet. However, I'm guessing to make a nice finished/clean look, I will have to somehow route cables through the walls for HDMI, speakers, etc. so I don't have ugly cables running from the TV down the wall to the receiver. I'll probably use my Denon from down in the HT, and get something else for down there.

She said that wall mounted speakers would be best, \:\) , so I'm thinking I could go up in the attic and somehow route wires down between the framing, this could be a interesting project?

Any help, ideas, questions, would be appreciated....

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85