Well, hopefully I'll have two subwoofers soon. I'm still a little hazy on exactly how to optimally place two subwoofers. The popular recommendation of mid-wall front and rear or mid-wall on the sides applies mainly to closed, rectangular rooms, correct? Right now I am in a room with openings into other rooms, and it works out that the subwoofer crawl indicated nearly mid-wall on one side as a good place, but I don't think the opposite wall worked too well. However, I'm curious if you even want to place the second subwoofer according to the subwoofer crawl for the center seat. Will the bass be more even throughout the entire listening area simply by virtue of having two subwoofers placed in different parts of the room? I guess I'm asking a complicated question that probably won't have a clear-cut answer.

The layout for the basement area I'll have my system in (eventually) will be an odd shape, so I'm just trying to get a feel for what the general advice is. Place them both according to the single subwoofer crawl? Place them both mid-wall on the sides, even in the non-ideal layout? Try them all and graph them all and leave you all alone? Why would I even give you that last one as an option?