Originally Posted By: terzaghi
I really wanted to like the new emotiva XPA amps given the listed specs and price. After reading the reviews of some members here I wouldn't even consider buying them for half the listed price. Emotiva amps are clearly not the answer

I feel compelled to reiterate that it remains unclear to me if the problems I experienced with the the xpa2 were the fault of the amp, in fact I have to believe otherwise, because to this day (12/25/08) I continue to have problems reproducing LFEs, which were the ONLY time the xpa2 went into protect.

I am happy that I've moved on to another amp solution yet based on the scientific principle of experimental replication, there should be at least one more example of incompatibility between the XPA2 and Axiom/4 ohm speakers before any conclusions should be drawn, Lonnie's disheartening comments notwithstanding.

Nothing against you of course Terzaghi I appreciate your comments but I don't want the karma of piling on, on my account, it seems forum members were more open to emo prior to my debacle . . .

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."