LOL...gotta love MP references...

Bob, I believe that listening to some other speakers in showrooms can be helpful ONLY in determining the "type" of sound you prefer...as others have said.

But no speaker will sound the same in a showroom as it will in your OWN room. That variable...the room... will ALWAYS exist unless you try the speakers in your very own room. That's why Axiom offers the "30 days, no questions asked" policy that they do.

So determine the TYPE of sound you prefer, and if it's "detailed"...if you want to hear the fingers on the strings... just try some Axioms already!

If you don't like them, return shipping is not that bad in that they have a return shipping point here in the U.S. (Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's in Buffalo ... or at least I think it was four years ago when I ordered!).

In that four years since I've purchased and have been on these forums, I think I can count the number of people like yourself that came in here, asked questions, ordered and ended up returning the speakers on one hand.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::