There is no way my Yamaha can dish out 100 watts per channel to all 7 channels as it claims, It only draws a max of ~570 watts from the wall, it's probably closer to 70 watts with all channels driven. Many manufacturers are known to spec their equipment out driving only the mains but don't list it that way. Sony is known to be really bad about this (Not Sony ES). Harmon Kardon is one company this is very good about giving specs with all channels driven, Their ratings look lower than other brands but they are actually much more acurate.

At this point i'm no longer worried about the sound, i'm sure they'll sound great, but as jakewash points out i'm not sure about the spl. I don't like it ear splitting 100db + or anything, but i don't want it to shut down when all of the other speakers are asked to kick in, (which did happen once on the matrix.... it was a lot louder than normal). I sent an email to Yamaha tech support, they'll probably won't recommend it. I was hoping someone on here may have a similar setup.