The 1st reason I bought Axiom’s is because they were the first speaker I ever owned. That was back before the internet, before home theater, and even before the compact disk. I bought a pair of Axiom AX2,s in 1986 with money I had earned from my paper route. I had them till 1994 when I moved to a 5.1 Kef system. The Axiom’s weren’t shielded and the local dealer that used to sell Axiom went out of business. My brother still owns my old AX’2s and they sound as good today as they did the day I bought them.

The 2nd reason I bought Axioms is because of Alan Loft. I remember reading many of his articles in audio magazines in the 80’s. I remember one of my favorites was about the merits of exotic speaker wire. The conclusion was that in double blind tests there was no sound improvement to be heard. I thought that was interesting considering I was seeing ads for many very expensive speaker wire promising huge improvements. This showed me that Alan is a man of integrity and truth. When I found he was endorsing Axiom, I was, to say the least, impressed. Then one day I called the Axiom 1 800 number for advise, and I got Alan on the phone. We talked for about an hour. It was great. I was sold.

The 3rd reason is price. I did the rounds before I went to the factory in Dwight, Ontario. I listened to B&W, KEF, Paradigm, Tannoy, Totem, Mirage, etc. I found that all of these makes had great speakers, some I really liked, except I would be spending over three grand just for the two towers, I still had to buy a sub, surrounds, and a center. That would have been well over six grand (for the record, I really liked the B&W 700 series). I just couldn’t justify the expense.

I love the sound of my M80’s, and I would put my EP500 up against just about any sub on the market at any price (except the EP600). And the QS8’s are a dream! I got the whole system for under 3 grand at the time (discount for factory seconds, second discount for picking up at the factory).

Today I spread the gospel of Axiom where ever I go!

pn

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990