Hello all,

I've been reading and researching for 2 months now & finally purchased a set of M80's, I told my wife you ALL are to blame \:\)

I'm very excited as it's been almost 20 years since I've purchased speakers, yea I know, I'm getting old...I'm 46. Anyway, I really need advice on a 2 channel power amp. I have reserved $700.00 to buy one.

I'm now kinda frustrated...90% of my listening is 2 channel music with a sub. I just can't for the life of me settle on an amp. Most frustrating is the rave reviews and comments on the emotiva amps (I was looking at the RPA-2)only to read emotiva'a are not recommended by Axiom, most have a shut down issue with the M80's (not all of them I know).

I have researched NAD, Outlaw, Rotel & Emotiva models that fit my needs and price range. But some of the comments on these amps, even pro reviews (or lack of reviews) just don't have that "excitement" or "glow" about them.

I don't know, I know I should just order something and try it, send it back if I don't like it. But that just seems depressing. I've even looked at audiogon, now I'm more confused.

BTW, I have a yamaha HTR-5760 to use as a pre-amp. That emotiva amp issue with the M80's is drivin my crazy. I can't believe the 2 companies have not worked this "shut down issue" out. Axiom say it's them and emotiva says it's axiom...geez!

Well, I hope someone can help me out, I know me being happy with an amp is all relative and such. I really wanted to get 250 to 300 watts in these 4 ohm axiom's. I'm sure someone will tell me I don't need that much power, but trust me, I do.

I really didn't want to spend any more than $700.00. Well sorry for the ranting \:\) Just need some advice...

Respectfully,

Dduval