Originally Posted By: wid
I don't believe anyone was running their amp bridged while powering the M80s, that's just their excuse for their amp shutting down. I don't know of any amp manufacture that will say to run any speaker below 8 ohm in bridged mode. While doing so the lower impedance speakers would draw far to much current and shut down.

Good point...I believe that's what Nick @ emotiva is trying to say, Do NOT do it, some people HAVE done it against emotiva's recommendations. Respectfully, I can tell you people will do some crazy things with their amps just to get more juice, so to say "no one" was running their amp bridged, I would have say "yes" people do it regardless of the consequences. Heck, I still read forum postings about people frying their amps! Someone recently posted frying their amp so bad, it literally caught fire and set the smoke alarm off...you can't put anything past "some" people.

But you do have a valid point...their amps should not shut down with M80's if ran properly...

M80's, QS8's, M22's, CHT SHO-10, Dual CHT SS-18.1's, Onkyo NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740